Paleo Challenge Rules There are 2 ways that you’ll be able to earn points for the challenge.
- Daily points for eating Paleo.
- Bonus points for maintaining healthy sleep and exercise habits.
Each challenge participant will start each day with 7 points. These points represent 7 aspects of the Paleo diet.
- Eat real food. Organic Meat, eggs, vegetables, nuts, seeds, fruit, oils (olive oil is preferred).
- Do not eat dairy. This includes cheese, yogurt and milk (including cream in your coffee).
- Do not eat bread. This includes corn bread, tortillas, flat bread, waffles etc…
- Do not eat legumes. This includes beans of all kinds, lentils, and peanuts. No peanut butter!
- Do not eat foods with added sugar. *Check the ingredients – lots of sauces & dressings have added sugar.
- Do not eat processed foods. No artificial ingredients.
- Do not drink alcohol, in any form.
So, if you follow points 1-6, but have a glass of wine with your dinner, you get 6 points for the day. Subtract a point for the day if you have cream in your coffee. Eat a bagel – subtract a point and so on. If you have a beer, cream in your coffee and a bagel in one day, you are down to 4 points for that day.
Bonus Points – 4 Potential
1.) Earn 1 Point for sleeping more than 7 hours in a day
2.) Earn 1 Point per day for attending a class or training session at Harter Strength & Conditioning.
3.) Earn 1 Point per day for logging your food in My Fitness Pal. (Set your calorie and macros to match your goal and body type)
4.) Earn 1 Point per day for drinking 64 OZ. of water per day.
Points are awarded on the honor system. Be honest with yourself and your fellow participants. If you are caught cheating, you will forfeit your challenge and will owe many many burpees… don’t cheat yourself out of this experience!