Paleo Challenge Rules There are 2 ways that you’ll be able to earn points for the challenge.
- Daily points for eating Paleo.
- Bonus points for maintaining healthy sleep and exercise habits.
Each challenge participant will start each day with 7 points. These points represent 7 aspects of the Paleo diet.
- Eat real food. Meat, eggs, vegetables, nuts, seeds, fruit, oils (olive oil is preferred). Eat foods with very few ingredients, all pronounceable ingredients, or better yet, no ingredients listed at all because they’re fresh and natural.
- Do not eat dairy. This includes cheese, yogurt and milk (including cream in your coffee). An exception is butter, which can be used in small amounts for cooking.
- Do not eat grains. This includes bread, rice, pasta, corn, oatmeal, and also any gluten-free pseudo-grains (quinoa, etc).
- Do not eat legumes. This includes beans of all kinds, lentils, and peanuts. No peanut butter!
- Do not eat sugars of any kind, real or artificial. No maple syrup, honey, agave nectar, Splenda, Truvia, Stevia, etc.
- Do not eat processed foods. This includes protein shakes, processed bars like Zone and Balance bars, dairy-free creamers, etc. (1 RX Bar Per Day is allowed)
- Do not drink alcohol, in any form.
So, if you follow points 1-6, but have a beer with your dinner, you get 6 points for the day. Subtract a point for the day if you have cream in your coffee. Eat a bagel – subtract a point and so on. If you have a beer, cream in your coffee and a bagel in one day, you are down to 4 points for that day.
Bonus Points – 4 Potential
1.) Earn 1 Point for sleeping more than 7 hours in a day
2.) Earn 1 Point per day for attending a class at Harter Strength & Conditioning (5 Point per week maximum for class attendance) Rest Days are important.
3.) Earn 1 Point per day for stretching at least 10 Minutes per day
4.) Earn 1 Point per day for having a high quality fish oil.
Points are awarded on the honor system. Be honest with yourself and your fellow participants. If you are caught cheating, you will forfeit your challenge and will owe many many burpees… don’t cheat yourself out of this experience!